Spicy Cherry Shrimp Noodles
This simple seafood and noodle dish starts hot, but can be dialed up to serious heat. This recipe is written for two, but can be easily scaled.
10 U-15 White Shrimp (peeled, de-veined)
Noodle Of Choice, Long, spaghetti style for optimal twirls
Green Onion / Leek
Gochujang Sauce (Directions below)
For The Sauce...
5 tablespoons gochujang
1 tablespoon cherry preserves
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
0) medium heat pan, add seaseme seeds to toast, Quick two minutes max if your pan is properly heated. Place in a bowl to the side....
1) Stir to combine.
2) Easiest Sauce ever....
1) Mince your garlic. Chop your pepper in small rounds. Chop green onion, thin. Stir shrimp in salt and cornstarch mixture to coat.
2) Cook noodles in salted boiling water.
3)Heat a pan to medium high with some oil. When hot, place shrimp to sear. Be mindful of your temperature and time, 1 to 2 minutes, flip. Butter and minced garlic in the pan. Second side for one minute, and then....
4) Strain your pasta.
5) Reduce your heat to low. Add your sauce and toss the shrimp quickly. Add your onion and pepper. Quick stirs to combine.
6) Add your pasta to the pan, stir and combine with sauce, and then serve. I like to twirl little nests of pasta and then place shrimp surrounding. Top with fresh leeks and toasted sesame seeds.